Never use inside information for personal advantage
- Widelity consultants will not take advantage of proprietary information obtained from the client.
- Widelity consultants will follow the rules of the client regarding any material purchases or sales of client stock.
Protect confidential client information.
- Widelity consultants will safeguard any confidential information or documents entrusted to them and not divulge any confidential information without the consent of the client.
- Widelity consultants will treat appropriately all confidential client information that is not public knowledge, take reasonable steps to prevent it from access by unauthorized people, and will not take advantage of proprietary or privileged information, either for use by Widelity, the client’s firm, or another client, without the client’s permission.
- Widelity consultants will respect the rights of consulting clients, colleagues and consulting firms and will not use their proprietary information or methodologies without permission.
Notify client of potential conflicts of interest.
- Widelity consultants will avoid conflicts of interest or the appearance of such and will immediately disclose to the client circumstances or interests that may influence judgment or objectivity.
- Widelity consultants will divulge any potential conflicts of interest prior to accepting the contract or as soon as possible after the conflict is discovered.
- If a conflict of interest cannot be resolved, Widelity will offer to withdraw from a consulting assignment if their objectivity or integrity may be impaired.
Honor client non-competes.
- Widelity will honor client requests to refrain from placing recently engaged consultants at a direct competitor within a reasonable timeframe of completing a client engagement.
- Widelity consultants will refrain from inviting an employee of an active or inactive client to consider alternative employment without prior discussion with the client.
Be fiscally responsible.
- Widelity consultants will agree in advance with a client on the basis for fees and expenses and will charge fees that are reasonable and commensurate with the services delivered and the responsibility accepted.
- Widelity consultants will account for and track service time accurately and honestly.
- Widelity consultants will charge reasonable fees and deliver consistent quality work.
- Widelity consultants will not accept commissions, remuneration, or other benefits from a third party in connection with the recommendations to a client without that client’s prior knowledge and consent and will disclose in advance any financial interests in goods or services that form part of such recommendations.
Don’t over promise
- Widelity consultants will ensure that to the best of their knowledge they can complete the project in a professional manner both in terms of skill and time.
- Widelity consultants will mutually establish with clients realistic expectations of the benefits and results of services.
- Widelity consultants will hold strong to their promises and do everything in their power to deliver results on time, on target and on budget.
- If a promise cannot be met, then Widelity consultants will inform their client of a pending jeopardy and present a plan to remedy the promise.
Give clients honest answers and opinions.
- Widelity consultants will serve clients with integrity, competence, independence, objectivity, and professionalism.
- Widelity consultants will only represent opinions as independent if they are free from subordinated judgment and there is no undisclosed interest in the outcome of the client’s decision.
- Widelity consultants will keep the client informed of any matters relating to the contract even if the information is unfavorable, or may jeopardize the contract.
Do what is right.
- Widelity consultants will obey the laws and not engage in contracts are in violation of the law or that might reasonably be used by client to violate the law.
- Widelity consultants will report to appropriate authorities within or external to the client organization occurrences of malfeasance, dangerous behavior, or illegal activities.
- If you don’t know what is right, then ask.